Scott demonstrates how to make southern-style black-eyed peas and turnip greens. Use one pound of frozen chopped turnip greens and used two cups of dried black-eyed peas. Soak the peas overnight in six cups of water with two teaspoons of salt. In the morning drain the peans. Use two cups of chicken stock per recipe. Use three ounces of smoked bacon strips per recipe. Heat cast iron pots over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook until the fat is rendered. In one pot, add the greens and stir to combine them with the bacon. In the other pot, add the peas and stir to combine them with the bacon. Add the chicken stock to the pots and bring it to a boil. Add a teaspoon of salt and pepper grounds to each pot. Reduce the heat on the pots to a lower simmer and put on the lids. Cook the vegetables for an hour. The vegetables are now ready to be enjoyed.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades