Here is a super fast Indian recipe for aloo matar (potatoes with green peas), you can make this recipe using pre-made masala. Let your imagination run wild, substitute any vegetable and create yet another delicious variation. Watch this how-to video and learn how to make Indian aloo matar, potatoes and peas.
Potatoes - 4 medium, 1/2 inch cubed
Frozen Green Peas - 16 oz packet
Oil - 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Punjabi Masala - 1/2 cup (1/2 sandwich bag)
Chaat Masala - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Red Chili Powder - to taste
Water - 1 1/2 cups
Cilantro - finely chopped for garnish
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
2. Add turmeric powder and Punjabi masala. Mix well.
3. Add potatoes and stir to coat masala.
4. Add salt, red chili Powder, chaat masala and water. Mix well.
5. Close pressure cooker and cook until 1 whistle sounds. Turn off stove and allow the pressure from the cooker to come down.
6. Open pressure cooker and add green peas. Adjust salt and other spices as necessary.
7. Cook until green peas are no longer raw.
8. Garnish with cilantro and serve with chapati or rice.
9. Serves 6
1. Less water can be added if you don't require a lot of gravy.
2. The same preparation can be done without a pressure cooker. Cooking time may be longer.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades