Want a very nontraditional take on a classic American comfort food? Then this hearty and spicy recipe is it. Made with ample helpings of salsa, cilantro, black beans, yellow corn, green and red bell peppers, and enchilada sauce, this casserole dish will make your mouth smoke with its succulent hotness. The casserole is then topped with a layer of Monterey and Jack cheese for added crunch and gooeyness.
To learn how to make this fabulous Southern comfort food, simply take a gander at this food video and follow along! This casserole takes a while to bake but the tasty result is well worth the effort. The ingredients list is included below.
3 tablespoons diced green chiles, divided
¾ cup chunky salsa
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
15.5-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
11-oz. can yellow corn with red and green bell peppers
10-oz. can enchilada sauce
8 ½-oz. package corn muffin mix
2 large eggs, well beaten
2 tablespoons roasted red bell peppers, chopped
1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
cooking oil spray
sour cream for topping
fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades