CHOW member Eric Higgins uses whole canned tomatoes to cook. As their seeds spoil the food by giving a bitter taste, he gives us step-by-step instructions to remove them using a salad spinner.
1. Drain away the extra juice and put the whole tomatoes into the salad spinner.
2. Break open the whole tomatoes to release the juice & seeds.
3. Give a few quick spins and the centrifugal force will throw the seeds to the outside away from the tomatoes.
4. Strain them yourself.
Following the above procedures the tomatoes are ready to be roasted or chopped.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades