Stuffed squash is a delicious and healthy alternative to many fattier stuffed dishes. In this two part tutorial, learn to make Moroccan style squash with cous cous and plenty of veggies.
You Will Need:
*2 tbsp. brown sugar
*1 tbsp. butter, melted
*2 large acorn squash, halved and seeded
*2 tbsp. olive oil
*2 tsp. minced garlic
*2 stalks celery, chopped
*2 carrots, chopped
*1 can garbanzo beans, drained
*½ cup raisins
*1 ½ tbsp. cumin
*Salt and pepper to taste
*1 (14oz.) can chicken broth
*1 cup uncooked couscous
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange squash cut side down on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
Mix together brown sugar and butter, brush inside of squash and keep warm while preparing stuffing mix.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic, celery and carrots, cook 5 minutes.
Mix in beans and raisin. Season with cumin, salt and pepper and continue to cook until vegetables are tender.
Add chicken broth to skillet, then couscous. Stir to combine. Cover skillet and turn off heat. Allow couscous to absorb liquid for 5 minutes. Stuff squash halves with mixture and serve.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades