Watch this how to video to learn how to make a delicious okra stew.
For this recipe you will need:
One pound frozen or fresh okra
One diced onion
2-3 diced fresh or canned tomatoes
Tomato paste or sauce
Salt and black pepper to taste
Begin by sauteing the onions and garlic in oil
until the garlic turns a golden color. Add the okra and saute it until it is soft, this takes few minutes if the okra is frozen and may take longer if it is fresh. Some people deep fry the fresh okra before cooking it. Add fresh tomatoes, tomato sauce or paste and stir around for few minutes. Add water if needed and salt and black pepper to taste. Boil at first then lower the heat and let simmer until the tomatoes and the okra are cooked. This might take around 35-45 minutes. Serve hot with rice on the side.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades