Poppy Tooker, author of the Crescent City Farmers Market Cookbook, says that the secret to preventing slimy okra is to slice it thinly and cook it in quick batches in very hot oil. Prepare your okra first by slicing it into thin pieces. Prepare a large frying pan with just a fine coating of oil. Put the frying pan on a stove and turn up the temperature so that the pan is hot. Once the pan is at the desired temperature, add your thinly sliced okra. Once the okra has a brown edge, you can stop cooking it, and it will now keep its "slime" inside for a nice texture and flavor. If you follow Poppy Tooker's steps correctly, your prepared okra can be used in a variety of great dishes.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades