Cynthia from CookusInterruptus.com shows users how to make a "Beet Salad with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds". She begins by extolling the health benefits of beets (known as beetroots in the UK), particularly their cancer-preventing properties. The recipe calls for the use of the whole beet, including the greens, that is the leafy top of the beet (which is usually discarded). The greens are first removed, and then the beets are pressure cooked for 15-20 minutes (although Cynthia notes that simmering or roasting/baking the beets would serve just as well). They are then peeled and chopped, while the greens are blanched. The salad is then assembled, adding fresh arugula, the toasted pumpkin seeds, some feta cheese and a balsamic vinaigrette.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades