In this video, Patty Marino aka "the garden girl" shows us the right way of making stuffed grape leaves.
* Grape leaves
* Olive oil
* About 2 cups of rice soaked in water
* A fresh lemon
* Fresh mint
* One onion
* Mince meat (about 500 grams)
1. Pick a few grape leaves that are not too big or too small, that don't have holes, and are a lighter green than most. You will need a bowl full of them.
2. Add some water into a saucepan (just enough to dip the leaves in) and bring it to a boil.
3. After the water is boiled, add a couple of tablespoons of salt to it.
4. Now, squeeze a fresh lemon into the water.
5. Now, take one leaf at a time and dip it into the water for about 3 seconds. Then, put them on a plate.
6. Next, chop some fresh mint, parsley and one onion.
7. Next, heat up about 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and add the fresh mint, parsley, and onion.
8. Add the meat to the mix and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
9. Next, spread a leaf onto the table top and add a bit of the filling to it. Fold it nice and tight. Repeat this with the additional ingredients.
10. Line the bottom of another sauce pan with a few leaves.
11. Place the stuffed leaves in the pan and cover them with more leaves and a china plate to keep them pressed.
12. Cover the saucepan and put it into the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 to 60 minutes.
13. Take them out of the oven and serve.
It’s Cyber Monday on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all the big sales in the Gadget Hacks shop and Null Byte shop. Use code CMSAVE20 to save on everything, and use CMSAVE40 for all things apps and software. For online courses, apply code CMSAVE70 for the biggest discounts.