Dede demonstrates a traditional Mediterranean dish known as Malfouf, or Stuffed Cabbage. In addition to cabbage, the recipe calls for white long grain rice, ground beef, minced garlic, tomato sauce, butter, lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
The cabbage is cooked in a large pot of water for about 45 minutes, until the leaves start coming apart. For the stuffing, mix together the rice, ground beef, garlic, salt and black pepper until well combined.
When the cabbage is ready, gently pull off the leaves and trim the hard spine. Lay the leaves out flat and place some of the stuffing in the middle of each. Roll them up and carefully place them in layers in a large pot, which has been lined on the bottom with some pieces of cabbage to keep the rolls from sticking. Between each layer add some garlic, dried mint and butter and pour in some of the tomato sauce. Then lay a dish on top of the pot and pour some lemon juice into it. Put the cover on and cook for 30 to 40 minutes. The cabbage rolls are delicious served with yogurt. The complete recipe can be found on the website.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades