Ian Knauer, a food editor at Gourmet and Test Kitchen demonstrate how to trim artichokes. First, remove the inedible leaves towards the base of the artichoke by peeling them off or snapping them off. Once the leaves are peeled off you'll see pale green and yellow leaves. Next, trim up the stem by taking a paring knife and cutting off the bottom. Peel off the stem around the fibrous core. Then, cut off the green pieces by the base of the artichoke. Curve your knife when you make the cut to save as much of the artichoke meat as possible. Artichokes oxidize and turn brown quickly so roll them in a bowl of water with a lemon in it to prevent this from happening. With a serrated knife, cut a third of the top off because those parts of the leaves are inedible. Spoon out the hairy choke. Dip the artichoke in the lemon water to complete the preparation.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades