Michael Symon, chef/author, says the biggest mistake people make when pan-roasting or pan-searing mushrooms is to overcrowd the pan. This causes the mushrooms to steam and go limp. Here's what you should do instead:
- Do the mushrooms in separate batches.
- Get your pan hot with fat in it, and add the sliced mushroom sparsely (you should almost see as much pan as you do mushrooms).
- Let them sear. When they're caramelized, flip them and do the other side.
- Do it like this and you'll get a great nutty flavor!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades