One of the best ways to warm up a winter meal is to serve a big platter of richly caramelized roasted vegetables. Our favorite combination is a jumble of parsnips, fennel, carrots, red or Yukon gold potatoes, whole garlic cloves and the secret ingredient -- lemon slices. The lemons caramelize and lend a brightness to the other veggies, but should be removed before serving. Cut the veggies into (mostly) uniform pieces and toss with olive oil, coarse salt, pepper and maybe a few herbs (fresh rosemary is great). Roast at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, turning once they being to brown. They're a perfect accompaniment to pork, chicken and even fish, or as a meatless main course.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades