Things you'll need: Sharp kitchen knife Cutting board Onion Step 1 Leave the root side of the onion intact. Step 1 Leave the root side of the onion intact. Slice off the other end of the onion. Step 2 Remove the papery skin as well as the first layer of the onion. Cut the onion in half, and place one half on top of a cutting board with the side flat down. Step 3 Make a series of vertical slits in the onion from the root down, making sure not to cut through the root end. Leave about 1/2" at the root end intact. Keeping the root end intact will hold the onion together while you're mincing. Step 4 to continue mincing the onion properly, begin working horizontally. Place the tips of your fingers firmly on top of the onion and, holding the blade of the knife horizontally, cut through the onion at several intervals to form a "grid." Step 5 if necessary, run your knife over the pieces until they're small and evenly minced. Step 6 Repeat the process to mince the other half of the onion.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades