Prepare easy vegan Indian aloo phujia that serves 4 people. It takes 8 minutes to prep and 25 minutes to cook.
Indian food at home couldn't be easier. This dish has a nice spicy kick!
1 onion, chopped
1 tbs vegetable oil
1 pound potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tomatoes, chopped
Lightly brown onion in oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in salt, cayenne, turmeric and cumin. Add potatoes and cook 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, cover pan and cook until potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes.
Adjust the spices to your level of flavor/heat.
Pre-cooking the potatoes for a few minutes in the microwave or dicing them smaller may help speed the cooking process.
Tastes great with a side of rice or served with a tortilla or pita.
Add chopped green or red pepper for an extra layer of flavor.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades