Prepare a healthy snack or side dish at home by steaming vegetables. Using gentle heat keeps veggies crisp and nutritious. Prepare delicious steamed vegetables with help from this how-to video.
What you will need:
• A kitchen knife
• A stainless steel or non-stick pot with lid
• A steamer basket
• Olive oil or butter
• Salt and pepper
Step 1: Wash and chop veggies
Wash your vegetables and chop them into equal-size pieces to ensure even cooking.
Step 2: Boil water
Add a few inches of water to the pot and bring it to a boil over high heat.
Step 3: Use a steamer basket
Place the steamer basket into the pot.
Step 4: Steam the veggies
Cover the pot and cook the vegetables until they reach the desired texture. Cooking time will depend on the size of your vegetable pieces and the amount you are cooking.
Step 5: Check the water level
Check the water level occasionally if you are steaming for more than a few minutes. Add more water if necessary.
Step 6: Finish and serve
Remove the pot from the stove and carefully remove the lid to avoid getting burned by the steam. Drizzle the veggies with olive oil or butter and a little salt and pepper and serve your healthy delight.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades