Leek's are related to the onion family. They are sweet like onions when they are cooked, but unlike onions make your eyes water when you cut them, they have long straight white stalks with tough green leaves. Select white fresh stalks with bright looking green leaves, and avoid damage. To prepare the soup cut the stalk of the green leaf and reserve them to make stock and trim the surface of the base.Under running water cut the leek for two halves and wash thorughly between the layers. Slice them up with mixed vegetables as hotty winter soups.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades