This is the country way to prepare green beans. The recipe is easy and delicious. Buy approximately a pound of fresh green beans. Wash the bean very good and either snap off or cut off each end of the bean. You can either cook your fresh green beans whole or you can snap them off into one inch pieces as they have done in the video. Once again, wash your beans. Place in a pan. Add 1-1/2 cups of water and a teaspoon of salt. Put in 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings. It is always a good idea to keep your bacon drippings in a container in the refrigerator to use for cooking. Start cooking the fresh green beans on high. Once they start boiling, turn your stove down to 3 (on an electric stove). You are going to cook the beans for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours so all of the flavor and water will be absorbed. If during the cooking time the beans get too low on water, heat some water, in the microwave and pour into the beans. The beans should have no water left at the end of 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades