A clear and easy method of making the traditional and healthy Russian food pickled cabbage is displayed in this video. Our chef begins by highlighting the nutritional values of the food, then goes on to detail the type of cabbage suitable for the dish. The chef then demonstrates how to correctly slice the cabbage with both a standard kitchen knife and a slicer, and then garnishes the cabbage with sliced carrots and salt - a vital part of the meal, explained by the chef: too much would be unpleasant, too little would stop the cabbage from pickling. The chef mixes the ingredients by hand, and transfers the mix into a pot once the juices from the cabbage begin to appear. Once in the pot, the chef pushes down the mixture by hand until more juice is produced. Once the juice appears, a plate is placed on top of the mix and weighed down with a heavy item - the example used is a jug of water. The chef explains how long the dish takes to make - three days - and how long it stays fresh in certain temperatures. Finally, the chef gives examples of serving suggestions, such as salads, pies, and soups, showcasing the variety of this practical, healthy and delicious traditional Eastern European dish.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades