Everybody loves lasagna, but how about trying something new with your lasagna meal? Like zucchini. Try out this zucchini lasagna, which is very light, and can come straight form your garden. Watch the video recipe to learn how to make a zucchini lasagna.
This creative twist on the Italian classic had us thinking; who needs pasta? Christine and Carla Pallotta of nebo restaurant share a quick creative alternative to pasta that utilizes one of the gardens most bountiful Veggies. Substitute corn starch for flour and serve this as a gluten free option to allergy sufferers, and you will see tears of joy in their eyes! Yes. It's that good!
* 3 zucchini, peeled and sliced long ways (about ¼" thick)
* 2 cups of flour (corn starch for Gluten Free)
* ½ tsp salt
* ½ tsp pepper
* ½-? cup Romano cheese
* 1 lb ricotta cheese
* 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
* 2 cups marinara sauce (ingredients below or use your favorite marinara sauce)
* 2 cups shredded whole mozzarella
* 2 cups canola oil for frying
* 4 eggs
For the Marinara Sauce
* 2 16-oz cans of plum tomatoes (San Manzano) blended or 12 dozen fresh tomatoes
* canola oil to coat stock pot
* onions, chopped
* fresh basil
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.