How to Make Stuffed Roasted Red Peppers
These cheesy mixture of vegetables and couscous complement the just barely blackened bell peppers for an absolutely divine meal. These are a must-try.
- 5 medium-large red bell peppers, divided
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into ½" dice
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, or table salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups couscous, cooked
- 1½ teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ cups crumbled feta, divided
- After covering the Cuisinart® Exact Heat™ Convection Toaster Oven Broiler baking tray with foil, slice one red bell pepper into 1-inch strips. Combine these in a mixing bowl with the tomatoes, eggplant, garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- In one layer, place vegetables on the tin foil baking tray. Turn oven on "broil" and then roast vegetables for 40 minutes, turning the vegetables every so often until soft.
- In the meantime, clean remaining peppers, slicing the tops off completely, and only slightly shaving the bottoms to ensure they will stand evenly on a plate. Face-down, place peppers in a toaster oven and broil for 10 to 15 minutes, once the other vegetables are removed from oven. Full peppers should be blackened, yet still firm.
- While full peppers broil, combine reserved vegetables with basil, parsley, couscous, and 1 cup of feta.
- When full peppers come out of oven, divide evenly and stuff the couscous/vegetable mixture into the four peppers. Broil stuffed peppers for another 10 minutes, until feta turns brown. Serve and enjoy!
Servings: Makes four servings.