Prepare a sour cream sauce that will serve as a topping for the enchilada. Begin by heating 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp flour. Do not allow the flour to brown. Add 1 cup of chicken stock and stir, making sure no lumps form. Add 8 ounces of sour cream and mix with a whisk to make a smooth, white sauce. Season with salt and white pepper. Once smooth, simmer the sauce on a very low flame.
For the filling, heat 2 tbsp olive oil, and sauté ½ cup of chopped onions until soft.
Add sliced mushrooms and sauté until soft.
Add fresh spinach that has been thoroughly cleaned. Cover and cook over a high flame.
Once the spinach has cooked down, take the tortilla and place the filling in the middle, topping it with grated cheese. Roll the tortilla up.
Place foil in your baking dish and add just enough oil to coat it. Place the rolled up enchilada on its seam side down. Make as many as you want. Pour sour cream as topping and some grated cheese.
You can add some sliced chicken or white crab meat to the filling if you desire.
Bake in the oven until the cheese has melted down. Take your enchiladas off the baking tray and serve immediately.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades