How to Make roasted beets at home with olive oil, salt and pepper
Roasted beets just aren't the same without their skins, so make sure you follow this recipe for roasting beets, which are easy to make at home. Lynne Viera simply roasts local red and yellow beets with olive oil, salt and pepper. The sugars in these vibrant root vegetables concentrate during roasting, yielding a perfect, nutritional addition to any appetizers, salads or sides.
* 8 beets, washed, dried, stalks & leaves removed
* drizzle of olive oil
* salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375º
2. Place beets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
3. Drizzle olive oil over beets and evenly coat them with your hands or a brush
4. Season with salt and pepper
5. Roast for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, turning the beets halfway through cooking time, or until you can easily insert a knife into them
6. Cool, slice, enjoy!