Roasted beets just aren't the same without their skins, so make sure you follow this recipe for roasting beets, which are easy to make at home. Lynne Viera simply roasts local red and yellow beets with olive oil, salt and pepper. The sugars in these vibrant root vegetables concentrate during roasting, yielding a perfect, nutritional addition to any appetizers, salads or sides.
* 8 beets, washed, dried, stalks & leaves removed
* drizzle of olive oil
* salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375º
2. Place beets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
3. Drizzle olive oil over beets and evenly coat them with your hands or a brush
4. Season with salt and pepper
5. Roast for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, turning the beets halfway through cooking time, or until you can easily insert a knife into them
6. Cool, slice, enjoy!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.