How to Make Roasted Asparagus with Toasted Pistachios with Hubert Keller
Try this recipe for roasted asparagus drizzled in lemon, shallots, and toasted pistachios. It's a healthy and delicious side dish to any main meal, you won't be disappointed!
- 3 pounds asparagus
- Zest of ½ lemon, bitter white pith removed, cut in ½-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2/3 cup pistachios, toasted
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1-2 cloves garlic (to taste), peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or white balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°F and cover two jellyroll pans with parchment paper. Trim away tough ends of asparagus and remove scales (optional).
- Add teaspoon of salt and lemon zest to Cuisinart® Food processor and pulse 10 to 15 times, or until chopped finely. Next add pepper and pistachios to processor, pulsing 5 more times. Remove mixture from the bowl.
- Now add shallots and garlic to processor, pulsing 10 to 15 times. Remove mixture and combine with olive oil before drizzling on top of asparagus. Toss asparagus and align in a layer on jellyroll pans. Use remaining salt to sprinkle on top.
- Let asparagus roast in oven for 10 to 20 minutes until crisp. Remove and serve on platter with lemon juice and reserved pistachio mixture on top.
Makes six to eight servings.