Quinoa tabbouleh stuffed peppers are a great healthy meal for vegetarians. They also make a great side dish for fish or meat entres. Watch this how to video to learn how to prepare quinoa tabbouleh stuffed peppers.
1 cup quinoa, well rinsed and drained
1 lbs plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
6 whole peppers, various colors
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp mint, minced
handful of pine nuts
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the quinoa is a sauce pan and add 3 cups of water, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. This will take about 20 minutes until the quinoa is tender.
2. Fluff the cooked quinoa and spread it out on a cookie sheet to cool.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
4. In a bowl combine cooked and cooled quinoa, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, mint, olive oil, pine nuts and season with salt and pepper.
5. Rinse the peppers and remove the tops, and clean out the webbing and seeds.
6. Stuff the peppers with the quinoa mixture and place on a pan standing upright.
7. Cover pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.