This is a classic creamy side that should be apart of everyone's dinner menu.
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Lightly grease a shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with butter.
3. Peel potatoes, and then slice, using a mandolin.
4. Now grate Gruyère or Emmenthaler cheese.
5. Next arrange the sliced potatoes and layer with melted butter.Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the cheese.
6. Layer with melted butter and half and half. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Top with more grated cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan.
8. Bake the casserole covered for 30 minutes
9. After 30 minutes, uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.