This video is a demonstration on how to make simple mashed potatoes. Start with russet potatoes and peel them into even-sized chunks. They can be peeled and cut ahead of time and put into a pot of cold water. Bring salted water to a boil and cook the potatoes until they are fork tender. After the potatoes are cooked, drain them and put them back into the pan. Turn the heat back on for a few seconds under the pan to make sure the pan is dry. Use a potato masher or mixer, but never a food processor. She uses warm milk and melted butter. Mash them with a potato masher while the potatoes are hot. Some options for flavoring are garlic or herbs. After the potatoes are mashed, add the butter. Put the butter in first and it will be absorbed into the potatoes and they will have a more buttery flavor. After mixing in the butter, add warm milk and mix with the masher. Adjust the amount of milk according to your taste. Add some salt and pepper if you like. Transfer the potatoes to a heat proof bowl so they can be reheated in the microwave if necessary. This is a good tutorial for learning how to make basic mashed potatoes.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades