There are a lot of variations to stuffed peppers. Try this recipe for our version of peanut stuffed peppers made with mild and flavorful Anaheim peppers. They are great appetizer or snack idea. Roll one up in a Chapati and enjoy it on the go! Watch this how to video to learn how to stuff them.
Anaheim Peppers - 4 large (any mild pepper will work)
Roasted Peanuts - 1 cup, roughly crushed
Salt - to taste
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) - 1 tsp
Red Chili Powder - to taste
Oil - 1 Tbsp
1. Make a lengthwise slit in the peppers and remove the seeds.
2. In a bowl, mix together crushed peanuts, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder and red chili powder.
3. Generously fill peppers with the peanut mixture.
4. Lightly coat outside of peppers with a little oil (using pastry brush or hands).
5. Place peppers in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 3 minutes. Check the peppers and turn if necessary. Microwave for additional 2 minutes (or more as necessary - peppers should wilt a little but still hold their shape).
6. Heat little Oil in a flat skillet. Place peppers on the skillet to brown them. Flip the peppers and brown other side also. Some peanuts may spill out - it's ok.
7. Remove from skillet and serve hot or at room temperature.
Tip: Buy similar size peppers so they cook evenly.
Start your career in Graphic Design with the WonderHowTo's Beginners’s Guide to Photoshop Course