Dry gobi manchurian, aka Cauliflower manchurian, is a tantalizing Indian Chinese appetizer and very different from the gravy version. The cauliflower has a crispy coating and is tossed with a mouth-watering spicy sauce. It can be picked up with a toothpick or fork and enjoyed with cocktails or before a meal. Watch this how-to video and try this absolutely delicious recipe!
Cauliflower - 1/2 medium, cut to bite-size florets
Oil - for deep frying
For the batter:
All-purpose Flour - 5 Tbsp
Corn Starch - 3 Tbsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Black Pepper - 1/4 tsp
Water - 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp
For the sauce:
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Onion - 1/2 medium, chopped finely
Green Chilies - to taste, cut diagonally
Garlic - 3 large cloves, chopped finely
Ketchup - 2 Tbsp
Red Chili Sauce - 2 Tbsp or to taste
Soy Sauce - 4 tsp or to taste
White Vinegar - 2 tsp
Water - 4 Tbsp
Corn Starch - 2 tsp
Green Onions - 2 stalks, cut diagonally for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a medium non-stick pan.
2. Add onions, green chilies and garlic and cook until onions are light brown.
3. Add ketchup and red chili sauce and cook until oil starts to separate from mixture.
4. Add soy sauce and vinegar and mix well.
5. Mix 2 tsp corn starch with 4 Tbsp water and add it to the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes until sauce starts to thicken.
6. Keep sauce aside.
7. To make batter, add all-purpose flour, corn starch, salt, black pepper and water to a small bowl. Mix until there are no lumps.
8. Coat cauliflower pieces well with batter and deep fry until cauliflower is a medium dark brown color.
9. Finish frying all of the cauliflower and add it to the pan with the sauce. Toss well to coat cauliflower completely.
10. Add green onions and toss again.
11. Serve immediately.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.