Anuja and Hetal from Show Me the Curry! teaches how to make a vegetarian Indian dum aloo. 2 lbs. Baby Potatoes, boiled and peeled, 2 Tbsp Oil, 1 inch piece Cinnamon Stick, 1 Bay Leaf, 6 Whole Cloves, 1/4 tsp. Asafoetida, 2 tsp. Ginger, minced, Salt, Red Chili Powder, 1 tsp. Roasted Aniseed Powder (Star Anise), 2 tsp. Roasted Coriander Powder, 1 tbsp. Paprika, 1 Cup Yogurt, 1 Cup Water, Cilantro and Ginger (Julienned, cut into matchsticks); for garnishing. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 C). Place boiled and peeled baby potatoes on a foil lined baking tray and coat with 1 Tbsp of Oil. Bake potatoes for approx 30 minutes. Heat 1 Tbsp Oil in a pan. Add Bay Leaf, Cinnamon Stick, Cloves and cook for 30 seconds. Add asafoetida and Ginger and mix. Reduce heat to low. Combine Yogurt and Water (mix well) and slowly add to the pan while constantly stirring. Add Paprika, Red Chili Powder, Salt, Aniseed Powder and Coriander Powder. Mix well. With a kitchen knife, make small pokes into the potatoes so that they can absorb the gravy. Add the potatoes to the pan, mix well, cover and cook for about 7-8 minutes. Stir in between. Follow these steps and enjoy Your vegetarian Indian dum aloo.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades