Usually fried food is never associated with healthy food, but every once in a while, there's an exception, like this zucchini fritters recipe. It's fried, but oh so good for you! It's vegetarian and delicious. Watch the video to see how to fry these awesome zucchini fritters.
1-2 tsp Lime juice
Cayenne pepper (however much you desire)
Ground pepper (again, to your tastes)
2 tbs Nutritional Yeast
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Egg/Egg whites or Egg substitute
Alternatives: Use lemon juice instead of lime and add a couple of minced garlic cloves)
1. Grate the two zucchinis in a medium-sized bowl
2. Squeeze Out excess water out of the zucchinis
3. In a smaller bowl, lightly beat the egg, add the lime, cayenne pepper, ground pepper and nutritional yeast
4. Add egg mixture to grated zucchinis
5. Slowly add in the whole wheat flour, mixing as you add it.
6. Mix well. Mixture should still be wet when you finish mixing.
7. Heat nonstick skillet to medium heat (Opt: add 1 tbs olive oil or some coconut oil)
8. Add approximately 2 tbs of the zucchini batter into pan. Flatten slightly.
9. Fry each side for 4-6 minutes or until optimal crispness.
This makes around 5-7 fritters, depending on how large you decide to make them. Serve with side salad. Some sauce suggestions are horseradish, plain nonfat yogurt or nonfat sour cream.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.