- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed, cut to fit feed tube horizontally
- 2 large shallots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Using a 4 mm slicing disc in food processor, feed green beans through feed tube using light pressure.
- Switch to a metal blade, and place shallot in feed tube for 5 seconds, or until finely chopped.
- Add oil to a saute pan and heat over medium heat. Saute shallots until soft, but not browned (usually takes about 2 minutes). Then add green beans to the pan and saute for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add water to saute pan and lower the heat. After covering the pan, cook beans and shallots until they are a crisp tender (usually takes 8-10 minutes).
- Turn off stove and transfer beans to bowl. Add vinegar and then season with salt and pepper. These are ready to serve.
While you're stuck at home, make the most of your time by learning a new language, skill, or even train for a remote-work job with our new premium online courses.
Check them out >