- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed, cut to fit feed tube horizontally
- 2 large shallots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Using a 4 mm slicing disc in food processor, feed green beans through feed tube using light pressure.
- Switch to a metal blade, and place shallot in feed tube for 5 seconds, or until finely chopped.
- Add oil to a saute pan and heat over medium heat. Saute shallots until soft, but not browned (usually takes about 2 minutes). Then add green beans to the pan and saute for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add water to saute pan and lower the heat. After covering the pan, cook beans and shallots until they are a crisp tender (usually takes 8-10 minutes).
- Turn off stove and transfer beans to bowl. Add vinegar and then season with salt and pepper. These are ready to serve.