Learn to make basic mashed potatoes with this video tutorial. Start by peeling and cutting 3 pounds of all purpose potatoes. Cut the potatoes into one inch chunks. Boil the potatoes in a 3 quart sauce pan over high heat in enough water to cover the potato chunks. After bringing the potatoes to a boil reduce the heat to low and cover the pan and let the potatoes simmer for 15 minutes. Make sure that the potatoes are fork tender. Drain the pan using a strainer and then return the potatoes to the sauce pan. To make garlic and lemon potatoes, heat 4 tablespoons of butter or margarine in a microwave, add the butter to the potatoes. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and press in 2 cloves of garlic. Add two tablespoons of chopped parsley and one teaspoon of grated lemon peel next. Mash the potatoes. Add one cup of hot milk and mash the potatoes until the mixture is smooth and well blended. To make horseradish potatoes add two tablespoons of un-drained white horseradish to the milk. To make parsnip potatoes add one pound of parsnip chopped into 1 inch pieces and add 3/4 of a cup of milk rather than 1 cup of hot milk.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades