Meggan and Ettore Ravazzolo from kissthecook.com shows us how to dice an onion using the proper technique.
for safety, Ettore starts with using a wet towel under the cutting board so that it doesn't slide.
Peel the onion and cut in half, cut each end off, using a really large and sharp chef knife.
Use your knuckles as a guide, hold the onion with the tips of your fingers, not with a flat hand, like so many people do, which risks cutting your fingers easily.
Slice and turn around 1/4 turn and slice again. Then, you cut it horizontally, even with the cutting board.
The final move is to slice while holding the tip of the knife down and lift the handle in an arc movement with each slice and dice.
A good tip to lessen teary eyes is to have a chilled onion.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades