This video describes how to cut potatoes in a variety of ways for cooking. Cutting potatoes can be tricky because the regular shape of a potato causes them to roll. To avoid this problem, just cut a sliver off the side of the potato to flatten the bottom. Then proceed to cut the potato in the way that you originally planned to. The video then goes on to explain how to make perfect French fries by cutting the potato a certain way. To do so, start by cutting off the side of the potato to give yourself a flat surface. Then square the potato by cutting it on all sides and the ends. The scraps that are left over can then be used for mashed potatoes. If you don't want French fries using the squared cut you can just cut the French fry shape and then cut those sticks into smaller squares to make southern-style hash browns.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades