Here is a fragrant and satisfying biryani recipe for an easy vegetarian main course or side dish. Watch this how-to video to learn how to make a delicious rice and vegetable dish.
Ingredients for vegetable biryani:
3/4 cup (175 mL) dried green lentils
2 tbsp (25 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp (15 mL) mild, medium or Biryani curry paste
1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
2 cups (500 mL) small cauliflower florets
1 cup (250 mL) basmati rice
1/4 cup (50 mL) raisins
2-1/4 cups (550 mL) vegetable stock
1 cup (250 mL) green peas
1/4 cup (50 mL) toasted sliced almonds (optional)
In saucepan of boiling water, cook lentils for 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté onion until deep golden, 6 minutes. Add carrots, garlic, curry paste, salt and pepper; sauté until fragrant,
3 minutes. Stir in cauliflower, rice, raisins and lentils to coat.
Add stock and bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice and vegetables are tender, 20 minutes. Stir in peas and warm through, 4 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds (if using).
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades