How to Cook Stir-fried Baguio Beans (Green Beans)
This meal has become one of my favorites among stir-fried vegetables, since I first tasted it from one of my friend's recipe. But his original recipe consists only of oil, baguio beans and soy sauce. So, I experimented with it to improve its taste further, which brings us to my recipe for stir-fried baguio beans with kalamansi twist.
- Do not use too much oil when frying the beans.
- Edible oil
- Baguio beans (green beans)
- White onion
- Soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Calamansi fruit (Citrus microcarpa)
- Wash the baguio beans thoroughly. Remove their tips and string-like fiber.
- Slice the white onion into strips or rings.
- Slice the kalamansi in half.
- Heat a small amount of oil in your pan.
Step 1 Stir-fry baguio beans
Fry the baguio beans, stirring constantly until cooked. You'll know it's cooked when its texture has changed. The baguio beans do not take long to cook.
Step 2 Add soy sauce
Pour about a ¼ cup of soy sauce onto the beans, stirring constantly.
Step 3 Add oyster sauce
Add about a tablespoon of oyster sauce, keep stirring.
Step 4 Add white onion
Add your white onion and keep stirring for about 30 seconds. Then, turn off the heat.
Step 5 Squeeze calamansi juice
Squeeze the kalamansi juice over the beans, and stir a little bit more.
Step 6 Serve
Transfer to a plate and serve while hot.
- Try it with other varieties of string-type beans.