In an episode of Cooking with Dave, viewers are shown how to cook collard greens with ham! First, in a pot on medium high put a little olive oil and garlic in the bottom of the pan (about 2 teaspoons). Put a whole chopped onion to add flavor! Stir all ingredients in the pot so far. Before you can cook the collard greens you have to clean them in the sink using water and stripping the leaves from the stem (throwing away the stem). Wash the leaves in the sink in water, even ripping up the leaves if you want. After washing, put your collard greens right on top of the pan of oil, garlic and onions! Add a little salt to the top of the greens along with some pepper. Next, you can use broth or natural chicken juices along with a tin bit of hot water. You'll want to steam and not burn the collard greens when cooking. So just add chopped ham on the greens, but the lid on, cook at medium and continue to add water so the greens do not scorch. Cook and continue to mix in the ingredients. Cook the greens until they are tender and when the greens are a dark green color (this will take about 2 hours). Enjoy your yummy dish!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades