Begin by taking the tips off of the asparagus. Cut just below the "woody" part or the top before the stem. Chop the rest of the asparagus into 1/2 pieces. Melt the butter in a fry pan. Add the onion and asparagus stirring to coat. Add in the chicken broth, potato, and spices. Bring to a boil and cook uncovered 10-12 minutes. While your mixture is cooking in the fry pan, combine the asparagus tips and the water. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Place the soup from the fry pan into a blender and puree until smooth. You can also use a hand blender but put the soup into a tureen or large bowl first. Stir in the heavy cream until well blended. Garnish with the steamed asparagus tips. Spoon into bowls and serve warm.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades