Artichokes can be a delicious treat with a butter sauce or other dipping sauces. You don't have to be a blue ribbon chef to prepare artichokes. Just keep these few tips in mind.
You Will Need:
• An artichoke
• A microwave-safe container
• Plastic wrap
• A flameproof casserole dish with lid (optional)
Step 1: Choose a good artichoke
Start with a firm, plump artichoke with tightly closed leaves. Artichokes with loose, spreading leaves tend to be tough.
Step 2: Trim the artichoke
Trim off the top inch of the artichoke and remove any tough outer leaves. Cut the base with scissors so that it is flat.
Step 3: Wash the artichoke
Rinse the artichoke and shake off the water.
Step 4: Place in container
Place the artichoke in the microwave-safe container with a small amount of water. Cover the container with plastic wrap.
Step 5: Microwave the artichoke
Microwave the artichoke for two minutes, and then rotate it. Continue microwaving for two or three minutes at a time until the leaves can be pulled off easily.
Step 6: Let the artichoke cool
Let the artichoke cool for a few minutes before serving.
Step 7: Serve artichokes
Serve the artichokes. Eat them leaf by leaf, dipped in melted butter or mayonnaise. The heart, below the choke, is also edible.
Trivia: Artichokes are the edible flower buds of a thistle.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades