You will need: a sharp knife, a steady hand, and patience.
First carve 5 equally sized 1/4 spheres out of carrot.
Next, following the curve of one of the notches you have just cut out, cut a slit just beneath the edge of the cut. Then, following the same line, cut another slit a centimeter down from the first slit connecting the two so it will slid out like a puzzle piece.
Cut the end of the "petal" at an angle to resemble a real flower.
Next cut a triangular piece out from the next spherical notch and then cut the two slits out like the last step. Continue all the way around until you reach your starting point.
When you reach your starting point you will then angle your cuts beneath the cuts you have already made, making sure not to disturb the previous cuts(adjust all cuts for the size of the carrot, and how big you want your flower to be).
When approaching the top of your carrot move inwards and make much smaller cuts but using the same process.
Like petals of a flower come from the inside-out we are coming from the outside-in to make the carrot feel real to the onlooker.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades