How to buy, store, and chop shallots When you buy shallots at the store make sure that they are nice and hard and that they skin is very papery and dry. To cut up the shallot you start by cutting the top off leaving the root end in tact. Cut the shallot in half and peel the skin off using your finger to remove it. To store the shallots put them in a cool dry place not in the refrigerator. To dice the shallots cut them up into slices. Throw the root end into your compost pile or in the trash so that you don't cut yourself trying to cut up a little piece of the shallot. Then dice the slices up by cutting them into little pieces. They are very easy to prepare and taste great.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades