Are you tired of crying and having puffy eyes after cutting a large onion for dinner? Learn how to spice up any dish with a nice mild shallot, without the tears. Shallots are similar to onions and just as flavorful.
Shallots are the mild and quiet cousin of both onions and garlic, and if you tend to shy away from strong flavors, then the shallot may be the one for you. Shallots do not give bad breath like garlic or onions, and are more easily digestible. They are technically an onion, but look a lot like garlic and have a mild garlicky flavor. They can easily replace onions in most recipes, and will caramelize just as easily. When selecting shallots, think 'onions' to determine age & freshness and take into consideration that 3 to 4 shallots will substitute for 1 medium onion. Store any extras in a cool, dry, dark place with plenty of air circulation. The versatility of shallots and their wonderful flavor are just a few of the many reasons why they are the darlings of both the professional gourmet chef and home cooking world.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades